I specialize in helping athletes overcome personal barriers, to achieve their potential.
“Failures are finger posts on the road to achievement.” – Kettering
Over the years I’ve been privileged to work with high school, collegiate, and professional athletes who have competed in a wide range of sports including tennis, golf, baseball, basketball, boxing, mixed martial arts, figure skating, volleyball, etc. Each athlete that arrives at my office door comes to me with his or her own unique set of fears, frustrations, and doubts as well as his or her own unique set of aspirations, goals, and desired outcomes.
Unbeknownst to them, they come to me already equipped with the resources that they will need to tap into their greatest potential and achieve their desired goals. The reason that they haven’t accessed these resources yet and used them to their full advantage is because they haven’t known how to, and they haven’t known where to look.
That is where I come in to play. As a sports therapist, it is my responsibility to guide you to these resources so that you can finally claim them as your own. I do this by using NLP techniques, Visualization exercises, EMDR, Hypnosis, Emotional Freedom Technique, Voice Dialogue technique, etc. These techniques will help you to get into rapport with your unconscious and conscious mind, and when the two of them are in alignment with each other, you will become a force to be reckoned with!!
In case the concept of getting into rapport with your unconscious and conscious mind seems new and foreign to you, please allow me to be more specific. These exercises and techniques will essentially help you to:
- Elicit Success Strategies so that you will achieve excellent results over and over again.
- Use Performance Cues and create Anchors so that you will get into your Peak Performance State and experience Optimal Arousal any time that you want
- Develop Positive Core Belief Systems that will serve you in sports and in life
- Develop Mental/Physical Habits and Performance Rituals that will help you to feel prepared and focused before, during, and after your competition
- Reframe and Assign New Meaning to your fears, poor performances, etc.
- Interrupt and Stop negative thought patterns that diminish your belief in yourself as well as disrupt your focus and concentration
- Release feelings like fear of failure, fear of success, fear of being rejected, fear of being judged, anger, regret, etc.
- Pay attention to your Body Language and Physiology so that you give yourself an opportunity to perform at your best
- Be ‘At Cause’ for your performance and for your results
- Focus on what is within your control and let go of the rest
- Become Performance and Process-Oriented rather than Outcome-Oriented
The reasons that I’ve had great success working with elite athletes are because I work really hard to ensure that my facilitation skills are sharp and on key, and because I use powerful, proven exercises and cutting edge techniques that have benefitted countless athletes across time. I’m very passionate about my work, and put my heart and soul into it. If you’re an athlete and would like to realize your potential and thrive in your chosen sport, please e-mail me or give me a call so that we arrange a time to meet in person.
Thank you…!! John Boesky, LMFT
Please read related articles to this topic on the sports psychology articles page.
Please enjoy these three-part sample visualization exercises:
Video Part 1/3: Video Part 2/3: Video Part 3/3: